Welcome to our practice!
Our private practice is focused on supporting individuals and families in three key areas of life: love, loss, and transition with a unique focus on the human-animal bond.
Speaking & Training Engagements
If you’re looking for a dynamic presentation that is backed by empirical directives and integrated with an innovative approach, you are in the right place.
Adam has spent time teaching, coaching, and guiding Veterinary Professionals with approaches that include:
- Empathy building in communication approaches
- Difficult conversations and awkward communication
- “Bedside Manner”
- Self-care strategies
- “Dealing with the difficult client”
- Veterinary Clinic Guideline implementation for difficult/angry clients
Adam has worked “in-the-trenches” with veterinarians, nurses, and technicians during his tenure at the Colorado State Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Adam is equipped to support the veterinary professional needing extra guidance, perspective, and/or communication and delivery enhancement. Also, if you are a veterinary professional seeking counseling, please contact us. We are well aware of the long hours, high stress, and personal impact that faces those who work within the field of Veterinary Medicine, from doctor to technician to administrative staff.
We focus on the unique complexities that are associated within the stigma of pet loss, as well as the most effective interventions and modalities for supporting clients who are experiencing such a loss. Past topics have included:
- Reducing cultural stigma associated with the loss of a companion animal
- Animal-assisted helping professionals: helping clients while supporting ourselves in difficult transitions of our own companion
- Supporting clients through pet loss, grief, and bereavement
- Complex & unresolved grief experiences
- Memorialization options and resources
- Interventions and supportive modalities
- Grieving pet loss across the ages and stages
- Service animal loss, its unique impact and challenges
Assisting your clients with pet bereavement, grief, and loss.
Interactive workshop at VCA Veterinary Specialists of Northern Colorado
Working with clients while navigating self-care strategies for veterinary technicians.
Training for Senior Veterinary Technicians from Front Range Community College and Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Fort Collins, Colorado
Difficult conversations and awkward communication.
Interactive training for Urban Vet Care Veterinary Clinic
Preparing social workers to address pet loss, bereavement, and related stress.
Interactive Workshop in the Clinical Practice Track, 61st Annual Program Meeting of the Council on Social Work Education
Enmeshment and detachment within the human-animal bond.
Presentation at 43rd Annual Veterinary Technicians Conference
Building children’s resiliency through their first pet loss experience.
Presentation at the Human-Animal Interaction Conference, “Growing Together: Children, Animals and Sowing the Seeds of Resiliency” at Green Chimneys
Brewster, New York
Connect with us today
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us. If you're looking for supportive counseling, an engaging speaker, or have a general question, we are here to help.